Good Morning Mini-Frittatas
Prep: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes | Total Time: 35-40 | Minutes Serves: 12 Mini-Frittatas
- Avocado Oil
- (2) Links – Turkey Sausage
- ¼ Link – Turkey Kielbasa – sliced on a bias and into quarters
- (1) cup Medium Baby Bella Mushrooms – medium sliced (will shrink with heat)
- ½ Green Pepper – medium sliced
- Broccoli Florets – medium chopped
- Salt (to taste)
- Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese (Vegan cheese works well here too)
- (6) Farmfresh eggs (I used brown)
- Micro-Scallions, Carrots & Amaranth – gently chopped
- Coconut Oil Spray (or spray of your choice)
*** Vegetarian Alternative – Any fresh veggie will work in the frittata. The key is to cook the veggies first so they don’t leak water into your eggs. The frittata is your oyster. Have fun with it!!!***
- 12-Cup Non-stick Muffin Pan
- Empty contents of the turkey sausage link into a bowl, separating the meat from the casing.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. When almost HOT, add 1 tbsp of you oil to the center of the pan.
- When oil has a shine, add the loose sausage meat to the pan and begin browning.
- When it’s almost completely brown, add your kielbasa and coat in juice from sausage and remaining oil.
- When kielbasa is warmed through, add remaining ingredients through the broccoli to the pan and toss to coat.
- Gently season the mixture and allow to cook 2-5 minutes to combine flavorings.
- While the veggies are cooking, preheat your oven to 375°.
- Taking your muffin tin, lightly and evenly spray all the holes being sure not to create puddles.
- In a separate bowl, break eggs and whisk together breaking up yolks.
- Gently season eggs and whisk again.
- Remove pan with veggies from the heat and gently fold in your micro-greens, allowing them to wilt in the heat.
- Equally fill each hole of the muffin tin with the mixture, topping them with cheese to your preference.
- Using a tablespoon, slowly fill each hole with the egg mixture leaving about a half inch space before the rim.
- Add your filled muffin tin to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.
- You’ll be looking for slightly browned tops and no movement when you gently shake the tin. To be extra sure – stick a toothpick in the tops of the eggs to be sure nothing is runny.
- When done, let the frittatas cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Can be refrigerated and reheated for up to (1) week. But definitely best served hot!!! Enjoy!