1. Participate in the Farmers Market Coalition's Instagram contest
Get creative by posting photos to Instagram incorporating the Farmers Market Coalition's “I Heart Farmers Markets” temporary tattoos. Here's what to do:
- Grab your tattoo from the info tent at a FRESHFARM market. Take a photo of yourself, a farmer, shopper, puppy, baby, tomato – anyone or anything! – wearing a tattoo.
- Post the photo to Instagram with the hashtag #LoveMyMarket. Fun prizes (and bragging rights) will be awarded by FMC to both the market AND photographer of the winning photos.
- Tag @FRESHFARMMarkets and use the hashtag #Road2FarmAid to be entered to win two tickets to the Farm Aid Concert at Jiffy Lube Live on September 17, plus an awesome swag bag from Farm Aid!
- The deadline to submit is August 31.
2. Visit a new market
FRESHFARM operates nine markets and farmstands in DC, three in Maryland, and two in Virginia. We hope you have a regular market that you frequent, but visiting a new market is a great way to meet new farmers and see a new neighborhood!
3. Buy a ticket to the FRESHFARM Feast
Our annual gala will take place on Tuesday, October 18 at Dock 5 at Union Market. The event includes a line-up of the area's top chefs and a dreamy auction of once-in-a-lifetime experiences and trips. We hope you'll join us! Buy tickets here.
4. Shop - rain or shine
Even if you buy most of your groceries at the supermarket and can only buy a couple of items at the farmers market, small shifts in spending can make a huge impact for our farmers. Markets are an essential economic outlet for farmers, who rely on their customers to come out even on the rainy days!
5. Donate to our Matching Dollars fundraiser
The Matching Dollars program matches what shoppers spend with their federal nutrition benefits, up to $10. This summer, we're holding a fundraiser to keep the program thriving. From now until Labor Day, if you donate at least $20 to Matching Dollars, you will be entered into a drawing to win a ticket to the FRESHFARM Feast on October 18. Thanks to you, we've already raised $942 in two weeks! Donate here.